Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Noon Solar - Coolest. Bags. Ever.


I think the title says it all, but you many want more details, so here it goes.

While I was watching Current TV (Coolest. Station. Ever.) today, I saw a short clip called "Sun Powered Purses." Now, some of my more fashionable friends may be laughing at the idea of me blogging about purses, since I am certainly not an expert on this topic. In fact, I don't think I've purchased a purse since I was in Hong Kong last summer. (Actually, come to think of it, I bought two purses in Hong Kong. One was an every-so-sexy waterproof nylon purse that looked like a camera bag and really completed my super-tourist look, and one was a Chanel knock-off that I didn't even realize was supposed to look like a Chanel, I just liked the design.) 

That disclosed, these bags actually DO something and look pretty darn good too. Noon Solar, the company that makes these amazing bags, installs solar panels on the outside of each bag that power a battery back that can charge your cell phone or iPod! They are also made of biodegradable materials. They even have a "man-pack" and a "murse" (my descriptions, not theirs) so don't think for a second these are only for the ladies! The "Augusta," pictured above, is my favorite, but check out all of their great designs.  I'm sure you'll find something you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment