|Benjamin Moore Red Oxide|
- It is open to the kitchen, tv room, living room and staircase going upstairs, so the red wouldn't be so much an isolated accent, but a significant contribution to my overall home's vibe.
- It is framed on three sides by Moorish-shaped arches, so I would have to figure out how to treat this transition space paint-wise.
- It is very dark already, so I was afraid a dark shade would make this even worse.
- I hate the fact that the dining room feels a bit like a hallway. Since you have to walk through it to get anywhere in the house, it doesn't feel "special" or "cozy." I figured by painting it it's own special shade, I could make it stand out as a separate space instead of just a pass-through area.
- I read a decorating tip in House Beautiful Magazine saying to go dark in a small space, and figured if they were advocating for it I should give it a try!
- It's only paint and I was tired of playing it safe.
|Photo from Charlie Barnett & Associates project|
Sigh....Decorating is never done!