Thursday, April 18, 2013

I will live in the horse barn, please!



This month's Elle Decor has the most amazing article on Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi's ranch in Southern California. While the decor is very much the whole antique/deconstructed/industrial style that is trending right now, I think partially due to Restoration Hardware (who knew they would become such trendsetters when they first started out selling, well, reproduction hardware!), the barn is what had me absolutely drooling.

Light, bright and very rustic chic, I could actually see myself living in this barn with my horses. Eccentric, perhaps, but how awesome would that be!? As someone who has literally slept in a horse stall, albeit not one quite this nice, there's something to be said to having the sounds of horses as a backdrop to your life. In any case, this has given me some ideas for when we buy "the farm."

No comments:

Post a Comment